Shamrock Quay • SO14 5QL • Southampton
J & S Fresh Fish Retail and Wholesale offers a wide variety of quality fish and fish products: fresh daily fish, smoked fish, seasonal shellfish, display fish, exotic fish, organic, farmed and prime fish.
Monday • Closed
Tuesday • 9:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday • 9:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday • 9:00am – 4:00pm
Friday • 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday • 8:30am – 4:00pm
Sunday • Closed
Daily Fresh Fish Supply
Because we endeavour to supply the best quality and freshness, we aim to supply line-caught and drift-netted fish from small day boats, wherever possible.
For Wholesale Open an AccountJ & S Fresh Fish aims to fulfil any special request for unusual fish, shellfish and fish products. To place an order you will first need to open an account by calling 02380 268 525
Volume of Suppliers
Our large volume of carefully selected and approved fish suppliers, located all around the coast of Great Britain and Europe, enables us to establish the best possible continuity of fresh fish supplies during every season throughout the year.
Our aim is to supply top quality fish and fish products to a wide range of discerning customers, specialising in fishmongers and establishments serving the general public. Now able to supply to the restaurant and hotel trade.
Our dedicated and experienced team aims to guide you from day one with a variety of fish selected throughout the year. When the orders are placed we ensure they are dealt with in an efficient manner with attention to detail in mind. We are passionate about fish and people! We are currently planning in-house training schemes to keep traditional skills alive and have also hosted some "pop-up restaurant" events for people wanting to try something new.
J & S Fish Market offers an Extensive Range of Fish
Our extensive range of fish consists of the following categories:
- Fresh fish: sliced; whole filleted; steaked; or portioned to customers requirements
- Smoked (e.g. (hot and cold) salmon, haddock, cod, eel, cod roe, herring, mackerel)
- Seasonal shellfish (e.g. crab, native/ Canadian lobsters, scallops, mussels, whelks, cockles, prawns, langoustines, oysters, palourdes, shrimps, clams, etc.)
- Exotic fish (e.g. snapper, tuna, marlin)
- Farmed fish (e.g. salmon (whole fish/ filleted/ staked), trout, gilthead bream, pink bream, halibut, cod)
- Prime fish (e.g. sea bass, brill, dover sole, john dory, halibut, lemon sole, monk fish tails)
- Organic fish (e.g. salmon, trout)
- Wild fish salmon and sea trout when in season
Fish Products Coming Soon
Our range of fish products will include: crab, fish soup, fish stock, jellied eels, mussel meat, sea food salads, terrines, taramasalata, caviar, lump fish roe black/ red, potted shrimps, jars avruga, pickled samphire, salmon keta and much more.
On request we can also obtain fish prepared to your specific requirements (e.g. filleted, skinned, pin boned, staked etc.)
Years of Fish Trade Experience
With 30 years' experience in the fish trade, John and Sylvia had a dream to establish a company to support local fishermen and supply quality fish and shellfish to the Hampshire public and trade.
Hope to see you soon!
About J & S Fresh Fish
When dealing with our customers at J & S Fresh Fish our main objectives are:
- To provide you with a personal and professional service, with tailored advice on request and a focus on quality and reliability
- To supply, the best fish products and fish varieties available, throughout the year at a reasonable price
For Retail enquiries please call 02380 201 627
for Wholesale call 02380 268 525 or email .